In this episode, we talk with Glennetta Haymon, Esq. Glennetta assists clients with business law, intellectual property issues such as trademark, copyright, and probate issues. We cover:
- What the difference is between a trademark, copyright, a registered trademark?
- In what ways can you legally protect your brand?
- What is intellectual property, basically what can and should be protected?
- What types of businesses should consider protection? How does this pertain to local businesses like professional services, brick and mortar, or even local service area businesses?
- Describe the process and typical timeframes for trademarks and copyrights?
- If you find that someone has violated trademark or copyright, what can you do?
Additional information: Attorney Haymon is a graduate of the University of Missouri, Columbia, where she earned bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Interdisciplinary Studies. She obtained a degree in Law from Arizona Summit Law School and a master’s degree in Forensic Psychology. Currently, she serves as a board of directors for 3 non-profit organizations, is a serial entrepreneur with 3 total businesses, and is a mom to a fantastic and athletic middle schooler.
Haymon Law Office, LLC