We talk with one of the really big influencers of Small Business Marketing, Mike Cooch. Mike is an entrepreneur and fast-growth CEO that has founded businesses in technology services, marketing services, digital publishing, and ecommerce. His businesses have been named to the INC Magazine List of Fastest Growing Companies, and were also nominated as a Best Place to Work in their respective cities.
You can find out more about Mike and his businesses at:
In our discussion we cover:
- What a small business should put in place regarding a sales and a marketing system
- What are your top 3-5 tips for a small business owner looking to improve their marketing in the current environment?
- How realistic is it for a small business owner to get their marketing work done on their own / without either hiring staff or contracting with consultants or agencies?
- Thoughts about social media marketing for a small business – and which platforms to use
- How important is marketing automation for small businesses?
- What has been most UN-changed in marketing for Small Businesses since you first wrote Duct Tape Marketing?
- What can a business do to vet a marketing agency or consultant?